The Summer Scholar Incentive Program (SSIP) is a money-saving opportunity for main campus matriculated full-time undergraduates. When eligible students successfully complete 12 credits during the summer, they receive a tuition grant that can amount to as much as three undergraduate credit hours.
To be eligible, students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better and register by the SSIP deadline for at least 12 credits that begin and end during the University’s official summer term. Students must pass all summer term classes with a 2.0 or better, and grades must be submitted by the SSIP grade deadline. Financial aid recipients must exhibit “unmet need” in, at minimum, the amount of the incentive.
Note: Students who register for more than 7 credits during a combination of MAYmester and Summer Session I, or during Summer Session II, must petition their home college for approval to do so.
To qualify for an SSIP grant, the following conditions apply:
- The student must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 to apply.
- The student must be registered for 12 credits and complete an application with the UC Student Administrative Services office at 700 University Ave. by the application deadline date.
- The registration must be for 12 credits in classes that begin and end during the University’s official published term. Students registered for classes that meet outside those dates are not eligible to participate.
- All classes must be completed during the University’s official summer term and grades submitted by the grade deadline published in the SSIP application.
- Students must pass all classes enrolled for during the summer term and must earn a term and overall GPA of 2.0.
- In addition, the financial aid status of financial aid recipients must exhibit ‘unmet need’ in, at minimum, the amount of the incentive.
- Students who become registered for 12 credits after the SSIP deadline are ineligible to apply. Students who drop a course, and thus fall below the required 12 credits, will no longer be considered eligible.
All Applications are due by July 8, 2015.
To inquire, call University College Student Administrative Services at 315-443-3261.