Summer@Syracuse requires that all students carry medical insurance. Students must either present proof of medical insurance or purchase insurance upon arrival. This requirement is in addition to presenting proof of immunizations as required by the State of New York.
All Summer@Syracuse visiting international students are required to have medical insurance. This requirement is for the protection of all students. Medical costs in the United States can be significant. It is important that students be prepared for a medical contingency. The health insurance policy must match or exceed the following minimum coverage:
- Medical benefits of at least $50,000 per person per accident or illness.
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $7,500.
- Expenses associated with medical evacuation in the amount of $10,000.
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
- Dependents of student must also have the same coverage.
Health insurance information for different carriers is available at the following links:
- Haylor Freyer & Coon, Inc. Worldwide Syracuse University Policy
- HTH Individual Policy
- Compass Student Health Insurance
All Syracuse University students must go through a health clearance process at Health Services. After you arrive at Syracuse University, you must make an appointment to review your health history with a nurse at Health Services. Because New York State requires that all students provide evidence of immunizations, students are not permitted in class until health clearance is validated. The following form must be completed by a health professional in your home country and sent in advance or brought with you when you come to Syracuse.