Visiting international students should use the following information to determine the documentation required in order to apply for Summer@Syracuse and register for summer courses at Syracuse University. The documentation that a student submits depends on their immigration status. Read the Visa Information page to determine immigration status.
Students must be qualified for rigorous, university-level academic study in English. All Summer@Syracuse classes are taught in English, unless otherwise noted. Students for whom English is a second language must have demonstrated proof of English language proficiency by meeting the minimum required TOEFL or IELTS score. See TOEFL Requirements webpage for details.
Note: Applicants may also be asked to sit for a Skype or Adobe Connect Pro interview.
Items you will need to complete your application, in addition to providing personal and academic information:
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of current visa (if applicable)
- Copy of academic transcripts
- Financial Sponsorship Certification Form & Official Bank Documentation
- Indication of desired Summer@Syracuse classes. Refer to the Summer Course list
- $100 application fee, payable online via credit card
Important Information Regarding the Application Process:
You may print and fill out a VISSP Application Form or submit your information digitally using the following steps:
- The VISSP online application is hosted in association with all Summer@Syracuse programs.
- Summer@Syracuse program applications are submitted via an application portal called SlideRoom.
- A SlideRoom account must be created in the students name. Use an email address that is checked regularly by the student, as this will be the primary mode of communication.
- After you establish your account, you will be required to click on the link in a confirmation e-mail sent to you by SlideRoom.
- Once you login, click on “Start a New Submission.”
- On the left, and under “Category,” select “Visiting International Student Summer Program.”
- Select the VISSP Application and continue through the application steps.
Go to our online portal at: http://summeratsyracuse.slideroom.com to begin your application.
The following will be required of those applicants who are granted admission:
- All tuition and fees paid according to scheduled deadlines
- Immunization Record Form
- Syracuse University Health Form
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- VISSP Housing & Meal Plan Application Form (if applicable)
Send all documentation to:
700 University Ave., Suite 403
Syracuse, NY 13244